The World Health Day
يوم الصحة العالمي
WHD is a global health awareness day. With an aim to spread awareness about health and well being, the first ever World Health Day was observed in 1948 by the WHO. Since that day, 7th April is observed as the World Health Day every year.
Universal health coverage (UHC) : Everyone, Everywhere
At least half of the world’s population still do not have full coverage of essential health services.About 100 million people are still being pushed into extreme poverty (defined as living on 1.90 USD or less a day) because they have to pay for health care.Over 800 million people (almost 12% of the world’s population) spent at least 10% of their household budgets to pay for health care.All UN Member States have agreed to try to achieve universal health coverage (UHC) by 2030, as part of the Sustainable Development Goals.
This is why WHO is focusing on universal health coverage for this year’s World Health Day, on 7 April.
- Universal health coverage means that all people have access to the quality health services they need, when and where they need them, without financial hardship.
- At least half of the people in the world do not receive the health services they need.
- About 100 million people are pushed into extreme poverty each year because of out-of-pocket spending on health.
- But who are these people and how can we help them? To get a better picture of who is missing out, we need data that is broken down by gender, age, income, location, education and other factors that affect access to health services.
- Health is a human right; everyone should have the information and services they need to take care of their own health and the health of their families.
- Quality, accessible primary health care is the foundation for universal health coverage.
- Unsafe and low-quality health care ruins lives and costs the world trillions of dollars every year, we must do more to improve the quality and safety of health services globally.
What is primary health care?
Primary health care is an approach to health and wellbeing centred on the needs and circumstances of individuals, families and communities. It addresses comprehensive and interrelated physical, mental and social health and wellbeing.
Calls to action
Health care is your right and the right of your family, let’s tell our leaders all people deserve quality health care.
Talk to your local health worker about getting the information and support you need to take care of your own health and the health of your family.
Quality health care is good for our health, good for economies and good for society. Let’s call on world leaders to make health for all a reality!
You are the voice for your patients. Unite with your peers and let local leaders know that you support health for all.
Health workers have the power to change people’s lives with quality health advice and care. Let’s make sure everyone can access the skills and expertise of health workers like you.
Empower your patients to take care of their own health. You play a vital role in learning about their needs and teaching them what they can do to get and stay healthy.
Health is a political choice; make sure it is considered in all government policies.
More investment in primary health care is needed to make universal health coverage a reality; you can make it happen.
This year, commit to gathering better health data so we can target resources and make changes where they are.
SOCIAL MEDIA: Join the online conversation on Twitter using the hashtags #WorldHealthDay #Health 4All and following
If you feel a tug in your heart —or if this message speaks to you —Would you consider donating a small amount to help us achieve our mission?
We thank you in advance for your support! As an all-volunteer, all-donation organization, we depend on your generous support.
Your donation is greatly appreciated!
You can also donate via PayPal: (Payment gateway in India and Abroad)
Support us when you shop!
If you’re an Amazon or Flipkart customer, you can also have 5% to 6% of your eligible purchases.
Enjoy 80% discount and along with it support Savera Society for Human Initiatives (#noextracost)
Kindly use following links while shopping :